Since we are at the All Star break we decided to give some mid-season grades to the Atlanta Hawks and Coach Drew. The Hawks are 20-14 and currently sit third in the southeast. Realistically they are not in bad position, but if you break the season down game by game they should have a better record. Atlanta has had some bad breaks with the injuries but they are still capable of being a high seed in the playoffs and competing if they stay consistent. Go through the roster with us as we hand out grades, as always feel free to comment if you disagree.
- 34 Jason Collins B- The elbow injury has sat him down for a while but before he was injured he was a good contributor on defense.
- 25 Eric Dampier C He is only filling in as a big body until Collins gets healthy, doesn't get enough minutes to make an impact.
- 33 Willie Green B+ Willie Green(light) is one of the guys who is making the most of the time that he does receive off the bench.
- 6 Kirk Hinrich C+ Hinrich's return from injury may have thrown off the bench rotation for the Hawks but Kirk has done well on defense.
- 15 Al Horford Incomplete due to injury.
- 44 Ivan Johnson B- Ivan made a name for himself early and has leveled off since, needs to see more minutes.
- 2 Joe Johnson C+ Joe needs to be more aggressive and consistent, take over games and prove himself as a leader of the team.
- 1 Tracy McGrady B- T-Mac has been a pleasant surprise, he wants more time and needs to see more time on the court.
- 27 Zaza Pachulia B+ Zaza has done a great job of holding down the middle with all the injuries going on around him.
- 7 Jannero Pargo C Pargo has been serviceable at the guard spot but has had his time cut due to depth at the position.
- 77 Vlad Radmanovic C Vlad has been a good piece for the Hawks but not in the capacity that they thought.
- 5 Josh Smith B+ Josh is emerging as the leader of the Atlanta Hawks but he needs to be more consistent.
- 42 Jerry Stackhouse C Stack has provided some leadership off the floor, but Atlanta could use some of that on the floor.
- 0 Jeff Teague C+ Teague started the season off strong and has fizzled out as of late, Hawks need his speed and passing.
- 24 Marvin Williams C- Sometimes we don't even know that Marvin is in the game, last few games he only managed three points total.
- Coach Larry Drew C Needs to define player's roles, find a good rotation and continue to motivate the team.
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/ao1