- Congratulations to the Green family! According to AJC.com, Willie Green's wife gave birth to their baby boy on Tuesday. Mason Green weighed in at six pounds, he is the couple's third child and both mother and child are doing well.
- Zaza Pachulia is still out with his foot injury, Atlanta is calling him day-to-day but he probably won't play the rest of the regular season. Tonight Jason Collins will start at center against the Detroit Pistons.
- Al Horford participated in contact drills on Tuesday and shoot around on Wednesday. If he is able to participate in the playoffs, he will not be at full strength.
- The game against the Detroit Pistons marks the first of the five remaining regular games for the Atlanta Hawks; all games take place in Atlanta at Philips Arena.
- Atlanta is looking to mark their eighth straight home win against the Pistons.
- The Hawks final road record is 17-16, marking the first time that they finished the season above .500 on the road since the 1998-99 season which was also a shortened season.
- The Detroit Pistons are coming off a strong game in which they destroyed the Cleveland Cavaliers 116-77.
- The Hawks are 6-4 through their last 10 games, the Pistons are 5-5 over their last 10.
- Detroit comes to town with a 7-24 road record and the Hawks are 19-9 when they play in Philips Arena.
- Atlanta is not content with just holding on to the fifth seed in the playoffs. Coach Larry Drew stated, "We're right in the thick of things. As long as there is an opportunity for us to move up, we want to try to take advantage of that."
Tags: Al Horford, Atlanta, Atlanta Hawks, Basketball, Larry Drew, NBA, Zaza Pachulia
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/dry