- The NBA announced that the sale of the New Orleans Hornets to Tom Benson (also owns the New Orleans Saints) has been approved by the NBA Board of Governors.
- The NBA has fined Kevin Garnett of the Boston Celtics $25,000 for not being available to the media following the loss to the Miami Heat in the Eastern Conference Finals.
- The Boston Herald is reporting that Kevin Garnett is looking to see what moves the Celtics are going to make before he re-signs with the team. Reportedly, he wants to continue contending for a title and doesn't want any part of a rebuilding process.
- Staying with the Celtics, Brandon Bass' agent has told comcast sports net that Brandon plans to opt out of his contract with Boston for next season and test free agency. Bass has an option with the Celtics for next season for $4.25 million.
- Last thing on the Celtics, Ray Allen has reportedly had arthroscopic surgery on his right ankle and Mickael Pietrus also had surgery on his right knee. According to the Boston Herald, both procedures were successful.
- Gerald Wallace, according to rumors, is considering opting out of the final year of his contract with the Brooklyn Nets and is listening to offers from other teams.
- Jerry Sloan has told SI.com that he has taken himself out of the running for the job of head coach of the Charlotte Bobcats. Charlotte has now turned their eyes to Indiana Pacers assistant coach Bryan Shaw and Los Angeles Lakers assistant Quin Snyder.
- Jamal Crawford has announced to a Seattle television network (KING) that he will opt out of the second year of his contract and become a free agent again this season. Crawford signed a two year deal with the Portland Trail Blazers last off season for five million dollars a season.
Tags: Atlanta, Atlanta Hawks, Basketball, Brandon Bass, Jamal Crawford, Kevin Garnett, NBA, New Orleans Hornets, Ray Allen
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/g9l