- The New Orleans Hornets have signed both of their first round draft choices. The first pick in the draft Anthony Davis gets a three year guaranteed contract worth over $16 million. Davis is set to be paid a little more than $5 million in his first year. Austin Rivers, who was selected tenth overall in the NBA Draft, gets a deal worth close to $6 million over three years. Rivers is slated to earn about $1.9 million in his first year in the league.
- Andrei Kirilenko is being courted by the Minnesota Timberwolves as well as by the Golden State Warriors. Kirilenko has stated that he would like to make a choice of which team to suit up for before the Olympics begin. With the limited amount of salary cap space that they have it appears that the Brooklyn Nets appear to be out of the mix.
- Former Chicago Bulls forward Ronnie Brewer is set to sign with the New York Knicks. The deal is being reported as a one year deal for the veteran's minimum of $1.4 million. Brewer is considered the replacement for Landry Fields, who the Knicks let go to the Toronto Raptors by not matching their three year offer for $20 million.
- Randy Foye has signed a deal with the Utah Jazz for one year and it is worth about $2.5 million.
- It is being reported that the Philadelphia 76ers are close to making a deal with former Portland Trail Blazer executive Tom Penn to be their new GM.
Tags: Andrei Kirilenko, Anthony Davis, Atlanta, Atlanta Hawks, Austin Rivers, Basketball, NBA, Randy Foye, Ronnie Brewer, Tom Penn
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/htm