Hawks News, Notes and Rumors:
- Former Atlanta Hawks' coach Bob Weiss has been added to Larry Drew's staff as a consultant and assistant coach. It is being reported that Weiss will specialize in player development. Bob Weiss coached the Hawks in the 1990-91 to '91-92 seasons.
- Former Atlanta GM Rick Sund still has a role on the Hawks' staff. He will move into the role of senior advisor to the basketball operations and his one of his main duties will be in the scouting department.
- The Atlanta Hawks have signed their second round pick Mike Scott. The rookie forward signed a two year contract for the minimum salary ($473, 604.00) and the contract also includes some guarantees. Scott was the 43rd pick overall in the NBA Draft that took place this past June.
- Former Atlanta Hawks forward Josh Childress is reportedly scheduled to be working out for the Brooklyn Nets this upcoming week. Childress was drafted sixth in the 2004 NBA Draft and played for the Atlanta Hawks from 2004-08 before taking his talents overseas and then he came back to play for the Phoenix Suns from 2010-12.
- Shaquille O'Neal is reportedly in talks to play a few games in a Mexican league. The games that O'Neal may be available would depend on his TNT schedule. The season has already started in the league on September 4.
- It appears that Justin Timberlake will be buying into the Memphis Grizzlies franchise and new owner Robert Pera is reportedly looking to sale up to about a third of the franchise to perspective buyers.
- It is being reported that Adidas Basketball has signed the following rookies: Damian Lillard (Portland Trail Blazers), Harrison Barnes (Golden State Warriors), Austin Rivers (New Orleans Hornets), Andre Drummond (Detroit Pistons), Perry Jones (Oklahoma City Thunder), Quincy Acy (Toronto Raptors), Marquis Teague (Chicago Bulls) and Tyshawn Taylor (Brooklyn Nets).
Tags: Atlanta, Atlanta Hawks, Basketball, Bob Weiss, Josh Childress, Mike Scott, NBA, Rick Sund
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/jze