- Can the Miami Heat stay hungry enough to repeat? We know that the whole team is coming back and the Heat has added Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis to boot, but will the Big 3 be hungry enough to have a dynasty in the making or are they content with the ring already won?
- Can the Los Angeles Lakers gel in time to make the playoffs and win the Western Conference? With the addition of Dwight Howard and Steve Nash it is going to take the Lakers some time to get into a rhythm (especially with Howard coming off of back surgery). They have enough talent to compete with Oklahoma City and San Antonio, but those two teams have grown together over the years and their experience together gives them an edge of Los Angeles.
- Who is second best in the East? The Boston Celtics still have their nucleus, the New York Knicks have some time together under their belt and the Brooklyn Nets have just built a contender. The Indiana Pacers are as solid as a rock and if the Atlanta Hawks can get into a groove, they will be a team that no one wants to see down the stretch.
- Will Anthony Davis and Austin Rivers carry the New Orleans Hornets to the playoffs? To get into the playoffs the Hornets are going to have to edge out teams that have more veterans like the Denver Nuggets, Utah Jazz, Minnesota Timberwolves and the Portland Trail Blazers. This season may be too soon to put playoff expectations on this growing young team.
- Who will be the hot young team that could possibly take the next step? Look out for the Denver Nuggets out west, getting Andre Iguodala was a major move and should prove beneficial. Also keep your eyes on the Golden State Warriors, they drafted Harrison Barnes to go alongside Steph Curry and Klay Thompson and if Andrew Bogut can stay healthy they could make a lot of noise. In the East, the Philadelphia 76ers shook up the lineup by trading for Andrew Bynum and also getting guys like Nick Young and Jason Richardson to go along with Evan Turner and Thaddeus Young. They could push for that third spot in the East if they could get it together. Also, look out for the Detroit Pistons, the Cleveland Cavaliers and John Wall has declared his mission is to get the Washington Wizards into the postseason.
Tags: Andre Iguodala, Atlanta, Atlanta Hawks, Basketball, Dwight Howard, Evan Turner, Jason Richardson, NBA, Nick Young, Ray Allen, Steph Curry, Steve Nash, Thaddeus Young
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/ldg