- After losing a close game to the Atlanta Hawks, Toronto Raptors head coach Dwane Casey called out the NBA officiating crew for not calling a foul on the final shot of the game. Toronto's DeMarr DeRozan grabbed a rebound and attempted to put a shot up only to have it rejected by Al Horford. Casey immediately ran onto the court and demanded that a foul should have been called, but the refs decided not to blow the whistle and Atlanta ran off with the victory. Following the Casey's comments, the NBA league office has fined him $25,000.00.
- Jannero Pargo's 10 day contract has expired and the Atlanta Hawks have yet to decide if they would like to sign him to another 10 day contract or to retain his services for the remainder of the season. They have until Saturday to make their decision, that is the Hawks next scheduled game (against the Chicago Bulls).
- From the Atlanta Hawks website, Ivan Johnosn and Zaza Pachulia led a one hour yoga class in honor of NBA Fit Live Healthy Week. The class consisted of 40 children from C.H.O.I.C.E.S (Center for Helping Obesity In Children End Successfully) at Athleta in Atlantic Station.
- The Josh Smith trade rumors are swirling again. Hoopsworld.com's Alex Kennedy is citing multiple sources are putting it out there that the Phoenix Suns are pursuing the services of "J-Smoove". Phoenix has some assets that they may be willing to part with to get Smith, they view him as a franchise player and would love for him to be the face of the Suns, according to the rumor. Smith's services are also said to be coveted by the Houston Rockets, Charlotte Bobcats and the Dallas Mavericks.
Tags: Al Horford, Atlanta, Atlanta Hawks, Basketball, Jannero Pargo, Josh Smith, NBA
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- News, Notes and Rumors Around the NBA
- Atlanta Hawks News, Notes and Injury Updates
- Today in Atlanta Hawks Talk: Rumors and News
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/php